Mrs Katie Andersen
College Fit is a private college counseling service for student-athletes who want to play a sport in college. College Fit will guide student-athletes and their families through the college athletic recruiting and application process to identify programs that are the best fit for both the "student" and the "athlete". Whether the goal is earning an athletic scholarship or using a sport to gain entrance to the school of his/her choice, College Fit will help your student-athlete make informed choices as we navigate the process together.
Description of Services : Throughout the process, student-athletes will learn techniques for goal setting, time management, and organization. Engaging in this process early enables student-athletes to create a tangible plan, feel a sense of control over the decision-making process, and take personal responsibility for creating future opportunities.
• Educate about academic eligibility, recruiting, and athletic programs for NCAA Div I, II, III, and NAIA
• Evaluate your college priorities, academic record, athletic achievements, and major/career interests
• Develop a personalized college plan to help you reach your academic and athletic goals
• Utilize checklists and timelines to stay focused
• Create a student-athlete profile
• Discuss the best approach for creating a highlights video (video production not included)
• Provide tools and education for thoroughly researching colleges and their athletic programs
• Learn the keys to marketing yourself towards college coaches and communicating with them
• Plan extracurricular activities, community service and summer opportunities including camps
• Discuss testing options and a timeline for prep courses, practice tests and SAT/ACT
• Provide advice and proofreading support for college applications
• Prepare for unofficial and official visits as well as interviews
Description of Experience : I played Women's Soccer at Duke University during the late 1980's. After graduation, I worked in the software industry for 15 years in the U.S., The Netherlands, and Norway as well as volunteered as a Duke Alumni Interviewer. I decided to transition my career into college counseling in order to combine my professional skills and experience in marketing, client relationship management and project management with my passion for education and athletics. I received my College Counseling Certificate with distinction from UCLA Extension during which I completed an internship working with student-athletes in the Guidance Department at Mission Viejo High School.I have been mentoring IECs who want to learn more about college athletic recruiting together with David Stoeckel (www.TheStudentAthleteAdvisors.com).